Heartworm Disease is on the rise! What can you do?
According to the American Heartworm Society, year- round heartworm prevention is the single most important step owners can take to reduce risk of heartworms to their pets. Pet owners should also consider the use of EPA approved mosquito repellants when in regions with heavy mosquito populations. For more information, click here. ProHeart 12 is now available at Kurtz Veterinary Clinic for dogs 12 months and older. One injection provides a full year of protection against Heartworms!
Proper nutrition is integral to optimal health and can enhance your pet's quality of life. What you feed and how much you feed is an easily controlled factor in your pet's health. In some cases, feeding your pet a therapeutic diet can be an alternative to medication. Be sure to asked our veterinarian what diet is best for your pet at your next appointment. Consistently feed this recommended diet for best results.
Could you be causing your cat's stress?
There are several things we may be doing to contibute to our cat's anxiety. This video has some great tips to avoid stressing out Furball. http://dvm360.com/catstress
For the protection of your pets and all who visit Kurtz Veterinary Clinic we have added Canine Influenza to list of vaccines required for all dogs boarding. Canine Influenza requires a booster vaccination 4 weeks after the initial vaccination.
- Pet Food and Product Recalls http://www.avma.org/News/Issues/recalls-alerts
- Puppy Training Resources http://www.siriuspup.com/resources
- Dog Training with Dr. Ian Dunbar http://www.dogstardaily.com
- How old is your cat http://icatcare.org/sites/default/files/PDF/how-old-is-your-cat-posterweb.pdf
- Microchip Info www.petlink.net
- CATS http://www.catvets.com/cat-owners/caring-for-cats/
- Preparing your dog for a new baby http://bluebuffalo.com/library/preparing-the-family-dog-for-a-new-baby/
- Creating the right environment http://todaysveterinarypractice.navc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Pet-Environment.pdf
- Multi-cat Household http://todaysveterinarypractice.navc.com/on-your-best-behavior-the-10-commandments-of-cat-management/
- Purdue In Memoriam Program http://giving.purdue.edu/s/1461/campaign/give.aspx?sid=1461&pgid=3182&gid=1010&cid=7447&ecid=7447&post_id=0
- Poison Control https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control
- Heifer International http://www.heifer.org/faith
- Parasites http://petsandparasites.org
- Sharps Disposal http://safeneedledisposal.org
- Exercise in Winter http://dvm360.com/winterexercise
- Pet Travel Resources https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/pet-travel
Add a title.
Double-click to add copy here.
Hover over the other text and images to view your editing options.